Academic papers come synonymous with students in high school or colleges. Students have to write these papers as part of their assessment and grading process by their tutors. Therefore, it becomes essential to have the correct concept of the paper’s structure you have to write before embarking on it. For instance, writing an essay may prove different from a research academic paper or thesis.
A template, therefore, proves pivotal in guiding a student on how to write a specific paper while in school. Specific templates exist that clarify brilliant ideas already in existence, while others also contain the things to avoid when writing your paper. To bring everything into perspective, not every template comes exemplary, and not all also prove brilliant. It, therefore, becomes the student’s prerogative to settle on a template that will bring their ideas in a straightforward but compelling manner when writing their academic paper.
However, if you have no clue what guidelines to consider in a writing template, consider the following to ensure that the writing template you employ proves the correct one.
Necessary Elements to Consider in a Writing Template
- Personal reaction. Students have a typical tendency of latching onto fundamental questions asked in class, and in this instance, rely on their memories rather than reasoning ability. While it may prove naïve, sometimes, academies prefer this sincere reaction compared to a mature and false-sounding reaction. It also gets referred to as the motive.
- Becoming attentive to the audience. It becomes essential for students to establish their stance regarding a subject and their corresponding relationship to the audience or reader community. It may imply an explanation of assumptions and clarification regarding terms and pertinent jargon used.
- Using evidence or examples. Examples entail statements of facts that support affirmations. It becomes crucial to take into consideration the relationship between the affirmation and the fact that it supports. Additionally, using samples reduce verbiage, banalities, and generalities.
- Clarity and coherency. An excellent paper has to have more semblance to mathematical proofs compared to lyrical word barrage. However, remember that it implies nothing about forsaking the style but rather stresses the significance of strengthening coherence and argumentation. So what should you understand under these criteria?
- Comprehension of your work needs to transcend beyond you as others have to understand it as well. Therefore, avoid overusing particular or complex language for the sake of focusing on becoming as simple as possible in your language.
- Strive to achieve simplicity in your sentence construction.
- Outline. It always happens that translating your concepts into paper proves more complicated than conjuring them. Therefore, try as much as possible to use an outline to become effective in conveying your ideas.
- Problem. It becomes pivotal to establish your situation regardless of your stance in refuting or agreeing with your sources. The problem in this instance also gets referred to as the thesis.
- Structure. Your work should have an introduction, the body, and an appropriate conclusion.
For the introduction, ensure that it starts in a general format and ends with your thesis statement or the problem. The key to writing an excellent introduction involves contextualizing the background. Additionally, you have to introduce the problem and before responding to the problem.
The body text has to get separated into multiple segments, with each component contain the main point. The dialectical plan to follow in the body entails the thesis, defending your perspective regarding a question, antithesis, synthesis, the inventory plan, etc.
Additionally, consider aspects such as the comparative strategy to develop a reflection based on comparing the diverse concepts and facts. Two rules apply in this scenario: the comparison element forms a segment of the write-up, and the opposition should remain consistent throughout the paper.
Write the conclusion by using logical rigor and the essence of synthesis. Try and ensure that the conclusion ends the argument and summarizes everything concisely and firmly. Whenever you desire, you can also opt to situate the thesis or results in a general sense. However, remember brilliant conclusions have suggestions for further studies or pose an additional question extracted from the paper’s conclusion.
Writing a paper becomes easier when you can borrow ideas from an existing template. However, templates come in different forms and shapes, but an excellent will have tips that can suit any writing type you want to complete. So consider the guidelines provided.